February 12, 2019
Meeting was called to order at 12:35 by President Judy Wright.
After Welcome and introduction of guests, a brief statement was made regarding the need for a new Membership Chair and the importance to the club of the record keeping needed to keep the club informed and running. So far no one has stepped forward to fill the position which will be critical for next functioning next year.
Treasurer Carolyn Bennett gave a report on current funds and distributed checks from sales at the Art Show this past weekend.
Reports were given by the following chairs:
1. Judy Harris for Paint-In Day.
2. Barb Thorvilson for the Art Show
3. Johnnie Alstatt-Update on the upcoming ARTrails show. All members who are on Facebook are asked to,please share the ARTrrails map with friends to advertise the show. Chuck Warner and Linda Willets will be on a local radio show to advertise and Judy Phillips will make sure an article for the Yuma Sun is done just prior to the show. Participants need to pick up their studio and directional signs at Jeannie House’s home prior to the show.
4. Judy Phillips-Information on Moody Garden Paint-Out on February 23 from 10-3
5. Lynn Morgan- Yuma County Fair Fine Arts Exhibit - Paintings will be entered on March 22-23 this year with the Fair being April 2-7. Members were requested to sign up to “sit” the exhibit and help with the intake of paintings for the show.
6. Teresa Mallett-Entries for the Art and Poetry Exhibition are due on February 16. Personel at the Foothills Library can photograph your entry if you don’t have the means to do it.
Program “An Eye for Color“ was presented by Barb Thorvilson-a new type of color wheel by Beverly Ash Gilbert
which utilitzes palette generators to help chose colors to develop a successful and striking painting.
The March Program will be our annual auction. Bring in art supplies, books, etc, that you no longer need or use. You may sell them with 10% of your proceeds going to the club, or simply donate them to the club. Funds generated will go to the scholarship fund.
Brief news on upcoming workshops and classes:
Diana Germain will host a workshop by wildlife artist, David Kitler in late March. Contact Diana for details.
Gail Arceneaux - Colored Pencil classes. Contact Gail for details.
Show and Tell
Meeting adjourned at 2:20.